Monday, July 25, 2011

Is this the place where you get your penis chopped off?

Well it is 0500, just two hours until I go home. Here I am a little worried that I will not have any patients exciting enough to write about tonight. I was starting to think of writing of one of my past experiences just to put on here to have something for you guys to read when lo and behold mankind pulled through once again and gave me material! I am sitting in the ER lobby just checking patients in when this man stumbles into the lobby. He staggers his way up to my desk reaking of ETOH. He then slurrs the question "Is this the place where you can get your penis cut off?" After working to keep my 'pokerface' in front of the other patients, ask I "why do you want to do that?" He replies "I'm tired of being acused of cheating and raping women. I think just cutting it off would make it to where they can't do that." After thinking of what to do, I call my charge nurse and ask him to come to the lobby. He comes out and explains to the guy that we do not do that procedure in an emergency room. I then give him a list of primary doctors for him to call and be referred to a surgeon. Just when I think the night is going to be boring I have a request I have never had! Never would have even thought I would! I love my job! It's definately gives me great stories to share with the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment